- The chance to say “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, “Please forgive me” and “Thank you for all you have done” before the time was gone.
- Homeschooling – for the flexibility and the opportunity to model to my kids how to “honor your father and mother”, what a real farm looks like and so much more.
- Driving safely for 16 hours from Manila to my ancestral home town more than 500 km away with a 2.5 hour trip on a ferry, and taking the same route back home. It was an adventure of a lifetime for me and my son and the start of many more similar trips in the future.
- Helpful people in government. The unsung heroes of public service, rarely commended in public yet doing their duty day in and day out to keep the wheels of the country turning.
- Honest tenant farmers.
- A safe and working vehicle.
Life is short, people. Be thankful and appreciate what you have before it, or you, are gone.