Hello! I’ve been away from the world of blog for a couple of days now as I’ve been busy with homeschooling and keeping promises…
I even missed my Grateful Fridays. Sigh.
I still managed to join the Weekly Photo Challenge, so at least I accomplished something blog-wise.
A lot of stuff happened last week…
1. The whole family watched “Brave” on 3D, our first time ever. It was also the first time for my kids to watch a movie in a cinema. And it was the first time I watched a movie on the big screen since 2005! I’m thinking of writing a post about it. I promised the kids we would watch “Brave” when we saw the movie trailer several months back.
2. I finally got my dream Nikon DSLR camera, a D5100. It set us back a fair amount but we got a good price for it after canvassing for almost a year. Now I’m learning how to use it. Expect more and more photos from the new camera to appear in the blog soon. But I’m not putting my trusty little Cybershot in the box just yet.
3. My Son-Man lost his first tooth after dinner last night. He accidentally hit it with his toothbrush the day before and we’ve all been waiting for it to fall off. He got upset when he found the tooth wiggling a little but after a lot of love and reassurances that he’ll be fine when it’s gone he finally stopped crying.
4. The books I ordered from the U.S. have finally landed! One package was delivered to my door. The one with lots of books are waiting for me at the City Post Office. I’m praying there won’t be any problems with it’s release. I’m picking them up today.
5. A sad note, my brother-in-law’s father passed away last week. Another death of a relative. He was in his mid-50’s. Such events truly are sad and heart-breaking but they also offer us who remain a chance to say our I Love You’s and make the balance of our lives here on earth mean something.
It’s been a full and busy week. This week’s photo challenge was about growth, and it was a perfect opportunity to reflect on growth in my life in the midst of that busyness. I feel like I’m growing a little everyday with some things and in other areas it’s like nothing’s happening. But I know God is in charge and that there’s no need or reason to worry.
I hope your week will go well, and that it will be blessed and full of love.